Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tropical Birds in Paradise





This is a beautifully detailed wall hanging of real life tropical birds. The first is a Toucan and the second is a Mexican Parrot. The embroidered birds are set on a background of tafeta material embroidered with delicate palms and accented with permanent water color. The inset of the birds is trimed with cording that matches the outer frame which is made of a tropical print in festive colors. Demensions and other information is available on my Etsy and also may be purchased directly from my site.

I was inspired to make this piece by looking at a picture of my hubby and myself all dressed up for a Hawaiian Party...too bad we were attending the party in Arizona and not Hawaii!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us! *HUGS*