Friday, February 4, 2011

Easy Storage Solution for Dress Forms

My craft and sewing room overfloweth!  When I purchased a new dressform, I just didn't have anywhere to store it in my sewing space.  But I did have a spare corner in the guest room but the red dress form  stuck out like a sore thumb.  The solution;  dress the form to match the SouthWestern Decor in the guest room. 

I coverd her body with a very large colored T-shirt in a pastel color. While cleaning out my closet, I found a T-shirt I had embroidered many years ago with a SouthWest theme and a belt.  I put this on over the first shirt and covered the neck with a scrap, put the belt around her waist, and decorated her neck with SouthWest Jewelry and a pouch I embroidered.  VIOLA!  She matches the room perfectly now!  My Mom, who is also a seamstress, had a good chuckle when she saw the new Indian Maiden Stature in the guest room!


No comments: